Fashion

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Online garage sales changed my life

I can't exactly remember how I came across the first Facebook group I joined, but I am now a part of over 10 local online garage sale groups on Facebook. I couldn't believe I hadn't found them sooner. They are almost better than an actual garage sale since you can shop anytime, anywhere. Members post items they want to sell and all you have to do it comment that you want the item and it's yours. Seems to easy right? Just search for Buy/Sell/Swap/Resale and include the name of your town and I'm sure some will pop-up. Most of them are private and you have to be accepted in order to start selling. Make sure to read the rules for each group you join or you risk getting kicked out for not posting a picture or agreeing to buy something and then not show up. Some of the group admins don't take any crap and one misstep could get you booted.



Here's a list of some of the items I've sold on Facebook:
Coffee Table
Headboard
Bed Frame
Kids Clothes
Appliances
Electronics

I've purchased some nice things from people as well. You won't believe how many people sell items with tags still on. Sometime I'll tell you how I've taken items I purchased from these groups and doubled and tripled my money.

My husband asked me if I have been keeping track of how much I've sold. I hadn't, but started a spreadsheet for 2015. I've even got my mom selling her stuff online as well. I know they exist in the Chicago area, so hopefully they are also available wherever you are located. Happy Buying/Selling!

No comments:

Post a Comment